The DOTD IT GIS Unit has implemented standards for all applications using GIS. Any GIS application developed for DOTD must comply with these software standards. By meeting these standards, contractors and developers will ensure that their work will be compatible with the existing DOTD IT infrastructure. Contract deliverables that do not comply with these standards cannot be assimilated into the DOTD IT system. In addition, applicable DOTD IT and State of Louisiana, Office of Information Technology standards also apply.
All software must be developed and delivered using the current version of production software at DOTD.
All applications developed and hosted off-site must adhere to this requirement, before they can be migrated to the DOTD system.
Development Environment Standards for DOTD GIS Applications:
1. Microsoft Windows Server 2008 with IIS 7 is the web hosting standard for DOTD GIS.
2. Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SP1 is the development environment standard for DOTD GIS.
3. Microsoft Silverlight 3 is the current version for development environment standard for DOTD GIS.
4. ESRI ArcGIS 10.1 SP1 is the GIS software standard for DOTD GIS.
5. Applications must be written in VisualBasic.NET, implementing code-behind pages for User Interface (UI) content.
6. All code modules need option strict and option explicit enabled.
7. Applications must be delivered in the form of a Visual Studio, non-compiled solution including licensed copies of all dependent libraries and becomes the property of DOTD.
Software Standards for DOTD GIS Web Applications:
1. Applications must use the ArcGIS API for Microsoft Silverlight/WPF to implement GIS User Interface (UI) components.
2. Applications must be developed for ArcGIS server 10.1 SP1 for the .NET Framework running on IIS 7.
Software Standards for DOTD GIS Non-Web Applications:
1. Any ArcGIS Desktop extensions or stand alone applications must use ArcObjects and ArcEngine version 10.1 SP1 where GIS functionality is needed.
DataBase Standards for DOTD GIS Applications:
1. The DOTD IT GIS Unit uses IBM DB2 and Microsoft SQL Server as its database standards.
DOTD will provide contractors and developers with style sheets, GIS data, and other information upon request.
| For further information contact the DOTD IT-GIS Unit ||